Ways To Partner
CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc, a registered 501(c)(3) Not For Profit Organization, strongly believes in the power of partnerships with the corporate sector. Our corporate partners help us continue to provide the practical tools, emotional support, education, and advocacy to help victims and their families heal and rebuild their lives. In addition to financial support, there are many ways for corporations to partner with us, including:
I. CAUSE MARKETING
Cause marketing is a powerful instrument that allows The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc., to partner with businesses in unique ways that have a direct impact for both our services and the companies that align with our causes. These campaigns engage consumers, employees, and other stakeholders in both the product and the cause, resulting in a meaningful public partnership. Cause marketing also serves the important role of highlighting a corporation’s commitment to social causes, thus making their products more appealing to consumers. Consumers can enjoy products from their favorite brands while supporting a worthy cause and becoming educated about the issues they stand for.
II. ADOPT A PROGRAM
Throughout the year, our programs require ongoing support, including needs for back-to-school supplies, toiletry items, winter coats, and even holiday parties. To meet the needs of our programs, we encourage companies to adopt a program for a minimum financial commitment. Adopting a program is a great way for employees to see first-hand how their efforts can change lives. To foster a sense of community between your adopted program and your company’s volunteer efforts, The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc., will send you updates on your program. These updates may include an overview of clients we have helped, success stories, renovation updates or any other exciting developments at your program.
III. MATCHING GIFTS/WORKPLACE GIVING CAMPAIGNS
Many companies offer programs through which they match the charitable contributions made by their employees. Through corporate gift matching, your company can double or even triple the impact of an employee’s gift to The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund.
The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc., also partners with corporations through workplace giving campaigns. These internal fundraisers give employees the choice and satisfaction of supporting programs that are most meaningful to them. Our workplace giving campaigns support employee engagement, bolster employee morale, and help establish your company’s commitment to helping victims of violence in Long Island & New York City.
IV. VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
Corporate volunteer projects are a great way to introduce your employees to The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc. and its mission while also making a meaningful impact in the lives of the crime and abuse victims whom we serve. Opportunities may include events such as:
- Celebrations and Parties to celebrate events such as the holidays, Mother’s Day, or back-to-school for those we serve at many of our programs throughout Long Island & New York City.
- Workshops to teach financial literacy, resume writing, or other educational / cultural workshops at our community programs & domestic violence shelters.
- Painting and Gardening at some of our programs and shelters helps to brighten and beautify the spaces where our clients spend a lot of their time.
In addition to cash support, The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc. accepts and distributes in-kind donations to our clients throughout Long Island(Nassau & Suffolk County) & New York City’s five boroughs. Here are some examples of drives that can be hosted in your offices:
- Hospitality Kit Drives benefit residents at domestic violence shelters or the homeless and street-involved youth we serve through our initiative. Items such as deodorant, toothbrushes, feminine hygiene products, socks, underwear, and similar items help our clients to feel more comfortable and confident.
- Toy Drives are great ways to provide much-needed playtime to children who we serve at our court-based and community programs, child advocacy centers, counseling center, domestic violence shelters, and other programs. Toy drives are especially impactful around the holidays and provide essential relief to parents who may not be able to afford gifts for their children.
- Gift Card & MetroCard Drives help our clients overcome practical barriers to achieving everyday tasks, such as transportation to and from services, and purchasing food, hygiene items, and clothing for themselves and their families.
Your company can integrate their support of The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund, through The Dollicia F. Holloway Memorial Foundation, Inc. into its corporate culture by adding a fundraising element to employee social events. Your employees will feel engaged and proud that their company helps support Diane's life-saving programs. Some examples include:
- Basketball and Golf Tournaments allow for employees to engage in friendly competition to benefit our Domestic Violence Advocacy Group, TEAM ADV-Ance's live-saving work in Long Island & New York City.
- Bowling Parties are a casual way for employees to have fun and enjoy food and beverage together in the name of a good cause.
- Retreats or staff appreciation events are an important way to help your employees feel appreciated and proud of their company’s commitment to a charitable cause.
Copyright ©2013 The Diane L. Parker Educational Resource Fund. All Rights Reserved
If you are in danger call 911 or reach the The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−SAFE(7233) or TTY 1−800−787−3224.